Keynotes, Seminars & Interactive Workshops
Proven Ways to Communicate Effectively
This workshop dives deeper into communication missteps. Learning to communicate effectively is crucial to getting what you need and what you want. When you are able to express yourself authentically, co-workers, staff, friends, and family members will be more responsive. A key is feeling safe to express your story and your feelings and listening with respect as others share their message.
You Will Recognize:
- How to address challenging situations directly
- The benefit of sharing feelings and emotions appropriately
- Your own communication style and its effect on others
- How to set your intention, choose the appropriate time, and deliver your message so it is heard and understood
Mediation Skills Training
Mediation Skills Training is a forty-hour training that introduces students to the fundamentals of mediation theory and practice. Class is highly interactive using group discussion, exercises and role-plays.
Students will learn:
- the stage process of mediation
- skills for effective communication and negotiation
- how to identify interests and positions
- techniques for breaking impasse
- conflict resolution strategies
- how to manage power imbalance, recognize implicit bias
- what to include in an agreement
The Benefits of Mediation Skills for the Workplace
Serious workplace conflict can be frustrating, expensive, exhausting and seem never ending. This information-rich workshop will introduce you to the amazing benefits of using mediation to resolve interpersonal and other disputes in the workplace. You will also learn three powerful skills that can be utilized to improve communication and gain the results you desire.
You will learn how:
- Mediation can benefit your organization in numerous ways
- Mediation can save your organization time and money
- The mediation process works through various stages
- To improve workplace communication using three mediation skills
5 Unique Styles for Responding to Conflict Effectively
During this hands-on workshop you will discover your own beliefs about conflict and gain a better understanding of your unique style when confronting a difficult situation. You will discover and assess your conflict style and learn how to feel more comfortable and confident in recognizing contrary or competing styles. Discover how while working together in a group as practice, your patience and skill may be challenged by people as they approach conflict differently.
Together We Will Explore:
- Different styles and approaches to handling conflict
- Uncover your personal conflict style
- Discover the strengths and limitations of each style
- How to use each style effectively and bring out the best in others
7 Tips for Negotiating with Difficult People
During this interactive workshop, you will learn practical tips for negotiating with difficult, intimidating or controlling people. You will be introduced to a proven system that transforms the typical win-lose mindset to one of mutual gain. Discover how you can turn aggression into cooperation and distrust into respect.
You Will Learn How To:
- Identify Difficult, Intimidating and Controlling Behavior
- Focus on Interests and Needs and Not Positions
- Transform Mindset from Me to We
- Create Solutions for Mutual Gain